Monday, February 1, 2010

Five Easy Pieces

This movie was very good. The diner scene is definitely a very cool seen. The way he figures out how to get what he wants is hilarious. It's even funnier that the waitress still wouldn't give him what he wanted though.

In regards to the ending I think he knew exactly what he was doing. He wanted to get away and start a new life again. When his girlfriend ask him for money and handed her his wallet he knew he wanted to disappear. Also he left his jacket in the bathroom, probably so people would think he just disappeared instead of taking off to get away and start fresh. Overall I thought the ending was pretty straight forward.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, Frank. This is a good movie to watch a second time--the ending, particularly. Note that when he's in the truck, the driver asks Bobby about his jacket. Bobby seems surprised. Then he keeps saying something like "I'm fine". I always get the feeling that he's still figuring it out as he goes along and that he's really not sure about anything.

    Thanks for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete